Hedgehog Awareness Week
Hedgehog Awareness Week runs from the 6th-12th May 2018 and is organised by the British Hedgehog Preservation Society.
This year, the week aims to show gardeners the range of things they can do to help the hedgehog:
- Checking areas before strimming or mowing.
- Ensuring there is access into the garden (all that is needed is 5” square gap).
- Moving piles of rubbish to a new site before burning it.
- Ensuring netting is kept at a safe height.
- Checking compost heaps before digging the fork in.
- Stopping or reducing the amount of pesticides and poisons used.
- Covering drains or deep holes.
- Ensuring there is an easy route out of ponds and pools.
We’ve a selection of hedgehog food and houses for sale in-store to help hedgehogs in your area.