Gardening tips for July
Sun…fresh air…friends and family…al fresco dining…relaxing in a beautiful, colourful garden. ENJOY! But still lots of jobs in the garden to keep it looking good.
Things to do this month
- Any conservatory plants can have a stay outside now it’s warmer.
- Water plants and tubs if dry. Try to use recycled water.
- Deadhead bedding plants and repat-flowering perennials to ensure continuous flowering.
- Pick courgettes.
- Treat apple scab.
- Clear algae and debris from ponds. Top up if necessary.
- Feed the lawn, especially if it hasn’t had one in spring.
- If dry, give woodwork or stonework a fresh lick of paint.