Gardening tips for November
The countdown to Christmas begins. Don’t forget, our feathered friends and garden wildlife will welcome treats along with regular feeding.
Things to do this month
- Feed and water the birds.
- Keep clearing any fallen leaves.
- Raise containers onto pot feet to avoid waterlogging.
- Plant tulip bulbs for spring next year.
- Plant winter bedding.
- Insulate containers from frost.
- Use grease bands around trunks of fruit trees to stop moth damage.
- Prune roses to prevent wind rock.
- Dispose of excess debris unfit for composting with a seasonal bonfire, if permitted.