Looking after your Christmas tree
Looking after your real Christmas tree doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming – just follow these simple steps to ensure your tree looks fresher for longer:-
1) Once you get home remove the netting and saw off a couple of centimeters from the base with a straight cut – to expose fresh stems.
2) Place tree, in a bucket of water, in a cold shaded area until use.
3) When the tree is brought inside, it should be kept away from radiators, stoves or fires.
4) If possible, heating should remain off when the room is not in use to prevent the tree drying out.
5) Secure tree in a water-holding stand sufficiently wide enough for your size tree.
6) Top-up water daily ensuring the base is constantly submerged.