- Call: 0151 336 2116
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 0151 336 8152
We are Gordale Nurseries Limited of Chester High Road, Burton, South Wirral CH64 8TF. We act as data controller in respect of your personal data and you can contact us by writing to us at the above address or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy sets out how we will use your personal data when you use our website, shop with us, complete any forms or join our Friends Rewards Loyalty scheme, in simple and straightforward terms.
We collect the following personal data about you:
- Google analytics data when you visit our website.
- Your name, email address, phone number and payment details for the purpose of purchasing tickets or gift cards online or when joining/renewing your loyalty membership online.
- Your name and email address if you subscribe to receive our emails. You can opt out of receiving our emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link within each email, or you can email email@example.com to tell us you want to unsubscribe.
- If you are a member of our loyalty scheme we collect transactional data about your purchase history. We also hold the contact information you provided upon joining the scheme.
- Your name, contact details and any other information you provide (including payment information) to us when making an enquiry, place an order, make a purchase or lodge a complaint. This can be done in-store, over the telephone, via email or social media.
- Any details you provide us on promotional vouchers, comment forms or competition entries.
- We may capture images of you and your vehicle when you visit us on our CCTV system. This is in place for the safety and security of our staff, site and customers.
- We may photograph images or video of you if you attend or participate one of our in-store promotional events.
We may process the data we collect about you in the following ways:
- We use google analytics data about which pages of our website you browse, how long you spend on our webpage and, broadly speaking, the geographical area you come from. We do not store or collect any data on IP addresses or use the data in any way to identify individuals. – this information is available through google analytics, however it is not used by us or processed in any way. We use the data we do collect to alter our website on a general level. We do not tailor the site to individuals.
- If you make a purchase online, we will use the information you provide to fulfil your purchase requirements. Shopping online will also create a profile for you.
- If you sign up to receive our emails, we will use your data to send you emails about us, the activities we are hosting as well as any promotional messages about products we sell.
- If you are a member of our loyalty scheme we will use the data to allow us to administer the scheme and its benefits. We do not profile your spending or monitor your purchases
- If you make an enquiry, place an order, make a purchase or lodge a complaint with us we will use the information you provide to supply the products/services you have requested, to process the payment for the items and to provide you with any customer service or administrative support that may be required.
- If you submit promotional vouchers, comment forms or competition entries to us we may use the information to contact you to advise if you have won, to discuss your comments or to follow up on your visit. If you have also provided further information such as email address or post code we may use this information to keep in touch about future events and promotional messages as well as to help us evaluate the success of a targeted marketing campaign. We do not collect information about individual households, only post code subsector voucher redemption rates.
- We may use CCTV images to assist the police or other relevant authorities in tackling crime or, on occasion, with insurance companies who make specific requests in writing to us as part of a claim investigation
- We may use photographed images or video collected in-store at promotional events. These may be used in-store, on our website or social media. If you are the sole focus of any such image or video we will ask you for your specific consent. If you see an image of your which we are using and you would like us to remove it you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request its removal.
The Lawful basis for processing your data:
- We process website data based on our legitimate interest of keeping our website up to date and relevant, improving our services and advising our marketing strategy.
- We process your email data based on our legitimate interest of keeping our customers up to date with products, promotions, services etc.
- If you are a member of our loyalty scheme we process your data based on our legitimate interest of keeping our customers informed about our business and promoting our products and services based on the preferences you choose.
- We process your personal data when making an enquiry, place an order, make a purchase or lodge a complaint to fulfil our contractual obligations with you.
- We process information provided on promotional vouchers, comment forms or competition entries based on our legitimate interest of improving customer service, feedback into our marketing strategy as well as keeping our customers informed about our business.
- We operate CCTV on the basis of our legitimate interest of protecting our store, preventing crime, providing a safe environment for our staff and customers.
- We promote our promotional events in-store, on our web page and via social media based on our legitimate interest of improving our business, keeping our customers informed about our activities and events and improving our marketing strategy.
We may share your data with selected third parties including our marketing agencies, our email platform provider, our payment providers, data storage providers and systems management providers. We have undertaken due diligence on all our third parties to ensure they are GDPR compliant.
We do not transfer data outside of the UK or EEA. However by the nature of the internet, the personal data you supply through our website may be sent to servers anywhere in the world. It may be used, stored and processed anywhere in the world including countries outside the European Economic Area.
We will retain your data as follows:
- For as long as you are subscribed to receive our emails.
- For as long as you are a member of our loyalty scheme or if you leave the scheme but do not ask to be forgotten, we will hold your transactional data for a period of five years after which time it will be securely archived.
- For five years when you make a purchase or place an order with us after which time it will be securely destroyed. This is because five years is the longest warranty offered by any of our products. For enquiries or complaints we will keep it for as long as is required to resolve the matter after which time it will be securely destroyed.
- For as long as is required to run any competitions, analyse voucher redemptions or process comments.
As a data subject you have rights, including the right to be ‘forgotten’ by us. To find out what your rights are please visit the iCO website https://ico.org.uk/
You can also lodge a complaint with the iCO if you feel we have not lived up to our obligations by visiting https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you want to find out more please get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com