Why not create your own home-made decorations using holly and fir branches for beautiful table displays and decorations as there’s not much to do in the garden, but do keep a watchful eye on things. Merry Christmas.
- Check greenhouse heaters working OK.
- Prevent ponds and stand pipes from freezing.
- Prune open-grown apple and pears, but not those against walls.
- Prune acers, birches and vines before Christmas.
- Harvest leeks, parsnips, winter cabbage, sprouts and remaining root crops.
- Be mindful of mice eating any stored produce.