Embrace the New Year. Now’s the time to get organised, so your garden will be full of promise in the coming months.
- Recycle your Christmas tree by shredding and then scatter on garden.
- Use flowering houseplants such as Orchids so your home doesn’t look so bare without those Christmas decorations.
- Generally protect your garden from frost, wind and heavy rain – check stakes and ties and move plants to sunnier positions if necessary.
- Plant fruit trees if ground not frozen.
- Prune pear and apple trees.
- Plan veg crop rotations for coming months.
- If sunny, ventilate the greenhouse.
- Keep feeding and watering the birds.