Autumn is flowing with beautiful yellows, oranges and reds. It’s time to ensure your garden is tidied up ready for winter by clearing away fallen leaves, preparing containers for rain and frost, and finish planting spring flowering bulbs.
- Feed and water the birds.
- Keep clearing any fallen leaves.
- Raise containers onto pot feet to avoid waterlogging.
- Plant tulip bulbs for spring next year.
- Plant winter bedding.
- Insulate containers from frost.
- Use grease bands around trunks of fruit trees to stop moth damage.
- Prune roses to prevent wind rock.
- Dispose of excess debris unfit for composting with a seasonal bonfire, if permitted.