About your Christmas Tree…
Gordale trees come from specially managed forests in Ireland, professionally nurtured for many years before they make their journey to our garden centre to bring your Christmas to life.
We only sell Nordmann Fir cut trees – a robust variety with superior needle retention properties. However, as they have been cut from their roots in the ground, please treat them in the same way as fresh flowers in a bouquet. Follow our top tips to give your tree the care it deserves between now and Christmas.
7 Top Tips to care for your Christmas Tree
- Once you get your tree home, remove the netting and saw off a couple of centimetres from the base with a straight cut to expose fresh wood.
- Stand your tree in a bucket of water in a cold shaded area until use.
- To ensure your tree stays as fresh as possible all the way to Christmas, we recommend that you keep your tree outside for as long as possible.
- When the tree is brought inside, keep away from radiators, stoves or fires.
- If possible, heating should remain off when the room is not in use to prevent the tree from drying out.
- Secure the tree in a water-holding stand, suitable for your size tree.
- Top up the water in the stand every day to ensure the base is constantly submerged.
Remember – Nordmann Fir tree are better at holding their needles than any other varieties but some needle drop is to be expected.
Visit our dedicated Christmas Tree marquee in the car park to choose your favourite.
FREE DELIVERY is available on Blue and Gold label trees to CH postcodes.