Position type: Warehouse Assistant
An exciting opportunity to look after our warehouse and yard areas!
Gordale is a long established and award winning family-owned garden and home centre where we strive every day to uphold the values which have underpinned the business since the early days, looking after our customers, and providing high quality products and services that keep customers coming back for more. We aim for excellence in standards and are always looking for people to help us improve and continually develop what we do for the benefit of our customers, our colleagues and of course, our business.
We are currently looking for a warehouse assistant who wants to support our team by maintaining our warehouse and yard areas. This role is to work as part of the garden centre team on a daily basis, receiving deliveries, moving stock to the required areas and keeping storage areas clean, tidy and safe.
Duties – on a daily basis your role will involve:
- Ensuring the safe loading/handling/unloading of all goods inbound and outbound, working under pressure to maintain clear access to yard and customer parking areas
- Operating forklifts, electric pallet movers, Danish trolley tractor and other manual handling equipment to move products around the warehouse, garden centre and yard
- Managing cardboard, packing debris, pallets and other rubbish by correct stacking, recycling, baling and disposal, keeping the rubbish area clear
- Checking goods-in and returns correspond with number of boxes described on delivery note/returns listings and liaising with departments
- Ensuring the safe storage of racked and free standing goods in warehouses and storerooms
- Maintaining the warehouse and yard as a safe, tidy and clean place to work
- Supporting the van driver in loading/unloading company vans, driving as required
Desired skills and experience
- Compulsory – must be a holder of a forklift truck licence and driving licence(vans)
- Team player who enjoys a busy work environment
- Adaptable, able to work in a variety of areas
- High standards of work with a focus on cleanliness and safety
- Good verbal, written and IT communication skills
Position – 5 days per week, 8 hours per day
Pay and benefits
- Competitive pay
- Free uniform
To apply, send your CV and covering letter telling us why you are interested in the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org