Festive recipe idea
With Christmas just around the corner, it’s definitely time to start experimenting with some delicious and exciting festive recipes.
Cottage delight have a whole host of brilliant recipe ideas including a delicious recipe for some tangy orange ‘Marmalade Brownies’.
Why not give it a try?
- 200g butter
- 2 free range eggs
- 200g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 4tbsp of Cottage Delight Original Orange Thin Cut Marmalade
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- 125g plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 5. Grease and line a 22cm tin.
2. Place the butter and Classic Orange Thin Cut Marmalade into a pan over a low heat.
3. When the butter has melted add the chopped chocolate and remove from the heat. The chocolate will melt from the heat of the pan.
4. Allow the mixture to cool then whisk in the eggs. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder a little at a time, mixing as you go.
5. Pour the mixture into prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes. The mixture will still be moist when tested with a knife so you end up with a sticky brownie.
6. Cut into bite sized slices and serve warm or cold.
Cottage delight jams and chutneys are for sale in the Food Hall at Gordale.